Kodi 19 (previously generally known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open-source (GPL) program media center for enjoying videos, music, photos, games, and more.
It allows users to play and think about most videos, music, podcasts, and different digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet, together with TV shows, PVR, and Live TV.
Kodi media center has a customizable design and clear playback options. It additionally features Add-ons, Skins, UPnP compatibility, Web Interfaces, Remote Controls support, and quite a bit more…
The Kodi mission is managed by the non-profit XBMC Foundation and developed by volunteers positioned all over the world.
Kodi Media Center features
Play all of your music together with AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV, and WMA formats. It has a cue sheet, tagging support, MusicBrainz integration, and smart playlists for ultimate control of your music collection.
Supporting all the main video formats and sources, together with streamable online media, ISOs, 3D, H.264, HEVC, WEBM. Kodi can import these movies with full posters, fanart, disc-art, actor information, trailers, video extras, and more.
The TV shows library supports episode and season views with posters or banners, watched tags, show descriptions, and actors. Video nodes/tags and smart playlists can additionally manage your library for special interests, making particular screens for sci-fi, anime, etc.
Import photos right into a library and browse the completely different views, start a slideshow, sort or filter all of them using your remote control.
PVR and Live TV
Watch and record live TV all from the GUI interface. It works with many popular backends together with MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more.
There are add-ons for videos, music, changing Kodi’s behavior, popular web services, including more artwork, controlling your lights, and far a lot more.
Allows you to fully change the entire GUI. Thanks to the extremely customizable skinning engine you’ll be able to change each side of the media center. Choose from dozens of community-created skins, every with its set of options, or create your dream UI.
With UPnP compatibility, you’ll be able to stream to and from every other Kodi situation and play to different UPnP-compatible devices in your home with ease. Have one UPnP master device and use different Kodi situations as clients which automatically retains your watched status and library up-to-date. You may also now import from UPnP sources to synchronize your data inside situations of Kodi.
Interact with Kodi using its JSON-RPC-based remote interface. This brings loads of possibilities for remote controls, web browsers, and third-celebration tools to take Kodi to the next level.
Control your media your method with support for tons of remote controls, CEC-compatible TVs, or one in every of the new Smartphone and Tablet Apps.
- We’ve had some challenges getting the Xbox version released because of some specific platform requirements needed for 4k/HEVC playback. With the help of @CelesAtXbox (thanks so much!), we think we’ve now genuinely got those covered to Microsoft’s satisfaction, and can finally get this into the Windows Store.
- There’s also an issue with an expired certificate for 18.9 on Xbox, which effectively takes that version off that platform for new installations, so timing is opportune to fix that.
- There’s been a long-standing Atmos audio issue on all platforms that support TrueHD passthrough – we know that this has been irritating people for some time, and we’ve now been able to fix this.
- We unintentionally introduced a bug in 19.2 that broke Airplay, so we’ve fixed that one.
- A couple of gaming-related fixes, notably a controller fix and some shader issues on Retroplayer.
- We’ve fixed a bug that affected thumbnails for watched episodes when hiding episode spoilers.
- We’ve much improved the metadata shown in Linux app stores.
Kodi runs on Linux, macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android, which includes a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.
Size: 62 MB