Notepad++ is a free supply code editor (and Notepad alternative), which helps several programming languages, operating beneath the Microsoft Windows atmosphere. It additionally provides the additional performance to outline a person’s language for syntax folding and highlighting.
You can print your supply code in color. It permits a person to edit different paperwork at a similar time and even to edit an identical doc synchronized in 2 different views.
Notepad++ helps total drag and drop. This undertaking, primarily based on the Scintilla edit element (a highly influential editor element), written in C++ with pure win32 API and STL (that ensures the upper execution pace and the smaller dimension of this system), is beneath the GPL Licence.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘N’ Drop supported
- Dynamic Place of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Changes in Notepad++ 8.6.0 :
- Multi-edit is fully supported in Notepad++.
- Make multi-select background & caret colors customizable.
- Make session inaccessible files remembered (empty & read-only document as a placeholder).
- Fix missing session invalid error for user session & enhance API NPPM_GETNBSESSIONFILES.
- Fix network shared files saving regression.
- Update Scintilla to v5.3.8 & Lexilla to v5.2.8.
- Fix docking panel crash due to messing up config.xml.
- Fix invalid styler.xml making Notepad++ crash issue.
- Fix the tab-closing crash by the middle mouse button (unexpected mouse position).
- Fix 2 performance issues in Style Configurator.
- Add 3 line operation (delete, copy & cut) shortcuts.
- Display extra info in the status bar of the Find/Replace dialog to avoid PEBKAC.
- Fix the “Hide lines” command hiding the unselected lines issue.
- Fix silent installer mode when Notepad++ is running issue.
- Fix Updater’s vulnerability (update cURL in WinGUp for fixing CVE-2023-38545).
- Fix the incoherent behavior of the “Duplicate Current Line” menu command.
- Fix JSON5 not using JSON keywords.
- Fix empty message showing while canceling session file saving dialog.
- NppExport v0.4
- Converter v4.5
- Mime Tool v2.9
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 4.46 MB