RJ TextEd is developed using Delphi from Embarcadero and is released as Freeware.
The program also supports for Topstyle Lite CSS editor, has a dual pane file commander, as well as a (S)FTP client to upload your files.
The editor uses language files to display menus and dialogs in different languages. RJ TextEd is also a simple web development tool. The editor can use auto-completion and hints to assist you in editing your source code.
You can preview HTML/ASP/PHP… code using one of the preview tabs or open a document in a browser. The editor does not only handle source code. RJ TextEd also handles true ASCII files, binary files, and of course plain text files.
- Code folding.
- Column mode.
- Multi-edit and multi-select
- Advanced sorting.
- Handles each ASCII and binary file.
- CSS and HTML wizards.
- CSS and HTML preview utilizing inner IE, Firefox 4, and Chrome browsers.
- FTP and SFTP consumer with synchronization.
- File explorer, textual content clips, code explorer, mission supervisor…
- Convert between code pages, Unicode codecs, and textual content codecs.
- Unicode and ANSI code web page detection.
- Open/Save UTF-8 encoded files without a signature (BOM).
- Unicode file paths and file names.
- HTML validation, format, and restore.
- Tools available like syntax editor, color picker, charmap …
There are many options not listed above. Including spell checking, e-mail help, and superior search with common expressions. To study more about this system you can try the screenshots, or simply attempt it out. The program is completely FREE.
The software works on Windows 7/8/10/11 (32 and 64-bit) and Linux (Wine).
Note The language and syntax files will be replaced when installing a new version. Place user language files and user syntax files in the “User-defined” folder.
Size: 33.3 MB
Note! The updates are available using the software update function or as a downloadable update.