PeaZip is an archive manager, that enables making use of highly effective multiple search filters to archive’s content; create and extract multiple archives directly; create self-extracting archives; export job definition as command line; save archive’s layouts; bookmark archives and folders; scan and open with customized apps compressed and uncompressed files, etc…
Other features: robust encryption, strong file copy, split/join files (file span), safe data deletion, evaluation, checksum and hash files, system benchmark, generate random passwords and key files.
PeaZip is an open-source file and archive manager: cross-platform, available as a portable and installable software program for 32 and 64 bit Windows and Linux (PeaZip is a desktop impartial application).
PeaZip is freeware, free of cost for any use, and can also be free as in freedom because it’s Open Source (LGPLv3). PeaZip can also be available as a standalone, portable application not needing installation.
- Full support (read and write): 7z, FreeArc’s arc/wrc, sfx (7z and arc), bz2, gz, paq/lpaq/zpaq, pea, quad/balz, cut up, tar, upx, zip
- Read only (browse, extract, test): 7z, apk, bz, bz2, bzip2, tbz2, tbz, gz, gzip, tgz, tpz, tar, zip, zipx, z01, smzip, arj, cab, chm, chi, chq, chw, hxs, hxi, hxr, hxq, hxw, lit, cpio, deb, lzh, lha, rar, r01, 00, rpm, z, taz, tz, iso, jar, ear, war, lha, pet, pup, pak, pk3, pk4, slp, [Content], xpi, wim, u3p, lzma86, lzma, udf, xar, dmg, hfs, part1, split, swm, tpz, kmz, xz, txz, vhd, mslz, apm, mbr, fat, ntfs, exe, dll, sys, msi, msp, ods, ots, odm, oth, oxt, odb, odf, odg, otg, odp, otp, odt, ott, gnm, doc, dot, xls, xlt, ppt, pps, pot, docx, dotx, xlsx, xltx, swf, flv, quad, balz, zpaq, paq8f, paq8jd, paq8l, paq8o, lpaq1, lpaq5, lpaq8, ace, arc, wrc, 001, pea, cbz, cbr, cba, cb7, cbt (and more…)
- Repair: FreeArc’s arc/wrc
PeaZip can extract many of the archive formats each from Windows and Unix worlds, starting from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR, and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, presently essentially the most highly effective compressor available. For archive creation, PeaZip supports a variety of compression and encryption requirements, from the quickest to essentially the most highly effective ones, and allows to export of job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console applications and let the user decide the most effective of the two worlds.
PeaZip has a safe deletion feature, can confirm file checksum and hash, and supports multiple robust encryption requirements, optionally using two-factor authentication (password and keyfile) for elevated security:
- 7Z: 7-Zip AES256 encryption
- ZIP: WinZip AES256 AE encryption, and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility; can decrypt PKZip’s AES encryption
- ARC: FreeARC AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256
- PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and can deal with all most popular archive formats (150+ file types), supporting a wide selection of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, hashing, find duplicate files, convert archives…), particularly targeted on security (strong encryption, two-factor authentication, encrypted password manager, safe deletion…).
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32 and 64 bit),
- Linux ARM, BSD
Size: 8.45 MB