Sandboxie is a proprietary sandbox-based isolation program for Windows operating systems. It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment.
There you may run or install all applications without completely modifying the local or mapped drive. An isolated virtual environment allows the controlled testing of untrusted programs and web browsing.
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space. It prevents them from making everlasting modifications to different programs and data on your computer.
When you run a program on your computer, data flows from the hard disk to the program by reading operations. The data is then processed and displayed, and at last flows again from the program to the hard disk by way of write operations.
Sandboxie modifications the foundations such that write operations don’t make it again to your hard disk.
- Intercept modifications to each of your files and registry settings, make it nearly impossible for any application to succeed outside the sandbox.
- Traps cached browser items into the sandbox as a by-product of regular operation. So whenever you throw away the sandbox, all of the historical records and different side-effects of your browsing disappear as nicely.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox:
- Secure Web Browsing. If you run a Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie, all malicious application downloaded by the browser is trapped within the sandbox and may be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy. Browsing historical past, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stays within the sandbox and doesn’t leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail. Viruses and different malicious applications that could be hiding in your email can’t break out of the sandbox and might infect your actual system.
- Windows Stays Lean. Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing the application into a remote sandbox.
Changes in Sandboxie 5.59.2 / Sandboxie Plus 1.4.2 :
- added tooltips to resource access modes
- added UI option to control ApplyElevateCreateProcessFix
- added message 2226 issued when a process may need ‘ApplyElevateCreateProcessFix=y’
- Moved the Restrictions tab from the new Security page back to the General page
- fixed wrong button captions on the breakout process page
- fixed issue with saving box recovery options
- fixed the display problem of Sandma
- the fixed theme, not auto changing
- fixed issue with saving sandman window state on windows shutdown
- fixed miscellaneous minor issues
- fixed issue with MSEdge introduced in 106.x
- fixed Vivaldi hooking issue, UseVivaldiWorkaround is no longer needed
- fixed issues with the misc advanced options page
Operating Systems: Windows XP – Windows 11 (32-bit, 64-bit)
Translations: English, Albanian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brasil), Russian and Turkish.
Size: 2.11 MB