Sandboxie is a proprietary sandbox-based isolation software for Windows operating systems. It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment.
There you can run or install all applications without permanently modifying the local or mapped drive. An isolated virtual environment allows for control testing of untrusted software and web surfing.
Sandboxie runs your software in an isolated space. It prevents them from making permanent changes to other software and data in your computer.
When you run software on your computer, data flows from the hard disk to the software via read operations. The data is then processed and displayed, and finally flows back from the software to the hard disk via write operations.
Sandboxie changes the rules such that write operations do not make it back to your hard disk.
Intercept changes to both your files and registry settings, making it virtually impossible for any software to reach outside the sandbox.
Traps cached browser items into the sandbox as a by-product of normal operation. So when you throw away the sandbox, all the history records and other side-effects of your browsing disappear as well.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox:
- Secure Web Browsing. If you run a Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie, all malicious application downloaded by the browser is trapped within the sandbox and may be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy. Browsing historical past, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stays within the sandbox and doesn’t leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail. Viruses and different malicious applications that could be hiding in your email can’t break out of the sandbox and might infect your actual system.
- Windows Stays Lean. Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing the application into a remote sandbox.
Changes in Sandboxie Plus 1.12.3 / 5.67.3 Classic :
- added template to add useful exclusions to confidential boxes
- FIXED SECURITY ISSUE ID-23 SeManageVolumePrivilege is now blocked, as it is allowed to read MFT data (thanks Diversenok)
- fixed software launch when forcing processes into a confidential box
Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Translations: English, Albanian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian and Turkish.
Size: 2.11 MB