ProgDVB – the universal and highly effective application software for watching digital TV and listening to radio channels! It allows you to look at SAT Television and listen to Radio channels straight from satellite by using DVB-PCI cards with hardware decoders on the board, SAT-dish, and private computer systems with Microsoft Windows installed.
ProgDVB and ProgTV are two are 2 independent user interfaces that may work together from one folder with one list of channels, settings, etc.
ProgTV is aimed toward use with remote control (HTPC). ProgDVB contains more features however is meant for use by a mouse.
ProgDVB has options for working with network broadcasting and Audio/Video recording of the stream to different digital-media formats. About 8000 channels within the list; DVB-S (satellite), DVB-S2, DVB-C (cable), DVB-T, ATSC, ISDB-T, and IPTV. Analog TV or playback from a file.
ProgDVB Main features:
- High Definition of TV support together with H.264/AVC
- Picture-in-picture support in addition to independent simultaneous recording/playback of several channels from one or more devices
- Support for almost all DVB, ISDB-T, and ATSC devices together with DiSEqC and CAM interfaces support
- Support for all digital TV audio formats: MPEG, AC3, AAC,…
- Time-shifting performance using the RAM or disk buffer of limitless size
- 10 Bands equalizer
- TV and Radio channels recording
- Playback from disk-based files
- Electronic software guide (EPG) from Digital TV or XmlTV, JTV.
- Subtitle (Teletext, image-based and closed captions)
- Support for VR, VMR7, VMR9, and EVR renderers together with OSD (besides VR) independently from channel type or signal presence
- Network broadcasting
- Skins for OSD and GUI
- Both Win32 and full-fledged Win64 versions are available
- Interface Language Localizations …
Changes in ProgDVB 7.45.8 :
- More fixes for TV and VOD.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7. 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
The application which you will have to be installed before using ProgDVB:
- ProgDVB requires Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 or higher
- ProgTV requires full Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.0
- DirectX v.8.0 or higher.
- MPEG-2 Video DirectShow codec (ProgDVB installer includes the Elecard shareware codec)
- H.264/AVC codec if you wish to watch DVB-S2 or HD channels.
Minimum hardware requirements:
- Intel Pentium III Processor 500 MHz or higher for SD channels.
- Intel Pentium 4 Processor 4.0 GHz or higher for HD channels.
- 512 MB memory on board.
- 50 MB of disk space (plus the space required for Video&Audio Recording).
- SVGA Video card Adapter with 32 MB onboard memory.
- SoundBlaster suitable sound card.
- Network adapter (100 Mb) for broadcasting
Size: 14.7 MB
Requires Microsoft .NET Framework installed.