Dropbox is a free Web-based file online storage service. It permits you to carry all of your movies, pictures, and docs anyplace and share them simply. This implies that any file you save to your Dropbox will routinely save to all of your computer systems, cellular units, and even the Dropbox website.
The app additionally makes it tremendously simple to share with others, whether or not you’re a pupil or skilled, father or mother or grandparent. Even when you unintentionally spill a latte into your laptop computer, haven’t worry!
You can calm down realizing that Dropbox at all times has you lined up, and none of your stuff will ever be misplaced. The software works similarly to some other folders on your pc, however with several variations.
Any information or folders contained in the Dropbox software will get synchronized to Dropbox’s servers and some other pc linked to your account.
Green checkmarks will seem on the prime of your information to let you recognize that they’re synced and updated. All information is transferred over SSL and encrypted with AES-256 earlier than storage. Dropbox retains a monitor of each change made to any of its contents.
There are a complete 10 purchasers and variations for Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux (official and unofficial). As effectively as variations for cellular units, akin to Android, Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad, and BlackBerry. Also a web-based consumer for when no native consumer is put in.
The service makes use of the freemium monetary mannequin and its free service offers 2 GB of free online storage. Users who refer Dropbox to others can acquire as much as 8 GB of free storage. The service’s main opponents embrace Box.net, Microsoft OneDrive, Ubuntu One, SugarSync, Mozy, ZumoDrive, SpiderOak, and Wuala.
Your files anywhere.
- 2 GB of space for free, with subscriptions up to 100 GB available.
- Your files are always available from the secure Dropbox website.
- Works with Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry.
- Works even when offline. You always have your files, whether or not you have a connection.
- Transfers just the parts of a file that change (not the whole thing).
- Manually set bandwidth limits
- Shared folders enable individuals to work collectively on identical tasks and paperwork.
- See different individuals’ adjustments immediately.
- Create photograph galleries viewable by anybody you select.
- Send a hyperlink to any file utilizing your Public folder.
- Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry hold your information at hand.
- Edit information in your account out of your cellphone.
- Easily add your pictures and movies.
- Share freely with households and buddies.
Your stuff is protected.
- Keeps a one-month historical past of your work.
- Protects your information without you needing to consider it.
- Any adjustments may be undone, and information may be undeleted.
- All transmission of file information happens over an encrypted channel (SSL).
- All saved file is encrypted (AES-256).
There are free and paid providers, every one with various choices. Dropbox gives a comparatively giant variety of consumer purchasers in comparability to comparable providers throughout a wide range of desktop and cellular working techniques.
Changes in Dropbox 161.4.4923 :
Features in this update:
- Closing the sign-in dialogue while not signing into any account will now exit the application instead of leaving it running in the background.
Fixes in this update:
- A bug preventing some Dropbox Backup users from seeing filename issues in the sync errors window has been resolved.
- The Copy link search bar functionality in the taskbar (Windows) and menu bar (Mac) has been fixed.
- Issues preventing icons for files with no extensions from appearing in sync history and the share modal have been resolved.
- Users on a manual proxy will now be directed to log in through their web browser, not the setup wizard.
- Issues preventing Git from working correctly in Dropbox for some Mac users have been resolved.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, or 11 are not in S mode
- Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10) up to macOS Big Sur 11
- Ubuntu 14.04 or higher, Fedora 21 or higher
- Android 6 or later
- iOS 12 or later
Size: 165 MB
DOWNLOAD Dropbox 161.4.4923 for Windows
DOWNLOAD Dropbox 161.4.4923 for Linux
DOWNLOAD Dropbox 161.4.4923 for macOS (Intel)
DOWNLOAD Dropbox 161.4.4923 for macOS (Apple Silicon)