Windows Firewall Control is a nifty little application that extends the performance of the Windows Firewall. Also, it provides fast access to essentially the most frequent options of Windows Firewall.
It runs within the system tray and allows users to control the native firewall simply. Without having to waste time by navigating to the particular part of the firewall.
It is free to use. Registered users will get the benefit of learning mode which provides notifications for outgoing blocked connections.
Windows Firewall Control doesn’t filter any packets and doesn’t block or allow any connection. It offers 4 filtering modes. You can switch them with only a mouse click:
Low Filtering – Outgoing connections that don’t match a rule are allowed. You can block the programs you do not need to provoke outgoing connections.
Medium Filtering – Outgoing connections that don’t match a rule are blocked. Only programs you allow can provoke outgoing connections.
High Filtering – All outgoing connections are blocked. This setting blocks all attempts to connect to and out of your computer.
No Filtering – Windows Firewall is turned off. Avoid using this setting except you will have one other firewall running on your computer.
Binisoft Windows Firewall Control Features:
- Notifications of outbound blocked connections.
- Learning mode that automatically allows digitally signed programs.
- The intuitive user interface is definitely accessible via a system tray icon.
- Full support with standard user accounts. Elevated privileges are required only at installation.
- Disable the ability of different programs to tamper with Windows Firewall rules and states.
- Integrated support of making, modifying, and deleting Windows Firewall rules.
- Multiple and simpler methods of making new rules within the Windows Firewall.
- Lock feature which might disable the access to the settings of the program and Windows Firewall.
- Shell integration into the right-click context menu of the executable files.
- Automatically display invalid rules for programs that don’t exist anymore.
- Possibility to find and display duplicate firewall rules.
- Merge multiple related rules or duplicate current ones.
- View just lately allowed and blocked connections and create new rules from the Security log.
- Import and export of partial sets of guidelines.
- Protection of unauthorized uninstallation.
- Possibility to restore earlier settings at uninstallation.
- Supports world hotkeys and numerous shortcut keys.
- And many, many more.
Registered Users Features:
- Learning Mode provides notifications for blocked outgoing connections.
- Search for executable files in a user-defined folder and create new rules for the chosen ones from the outcome list.
Changes in Windows Firewall Control 22.214.171.124:
- New: Global hotkey for toggling between Low and Medium Filtering profiles.
- Improved: Replaced some user actions confirmation dialogs with Windows notifications. In Windows 10 they are going to be displayed within the notifications area and on Windows 7 as tray icon balloon notifications.
- Fixed: The ULRs used for the services from the Tools tab have been up to date to use HTTPS instead of HTTP.
System Requirements of Windows Firewall Control:
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5 or newer version
- Compatible with all x86 and x64 versions of Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, Server 2008, 2012.
- Windows Firewall service is required to be enabled for Windows Firewall Control to run.
- DNS Client service is required to be enabled for the notifications to work correctly.
Size: 2.68 MB