mp3DirectCut is a quick and in-depth audio editor and recorder for compressed mp3. You can instantly cut, copy, paste or change the volume without re-encoding something of the file. This prevents the lack of audio high quality. The app could be very quick and offers you in-depth control over your MP3s.
The program allows the best navigation even on giant files and offers you a visualization of the MP3 audio data. It can deal with Cue sheets allowing to split a file at cue positions. And you can even instantly record and encode an MP3 out of your audio input device. The built-in recorder creates mp3 on the fly out of your audio input.
Also, you may take away parts, change the volume, split files, or copy regions to several new files. All without the necessity to decompress your MP3 right into a PCM format. This saves work, encoding time, and disk space. And there is no such thing as a quality loss using any re-compressions!
mp3DirectCut is a frame-based editor for MPEG audio (Layers two and three). Trim your CD grabbings or onto MP3 recorded vinyl or tapes. Cut favorite songs from lengthy MP3 radio or live recordings. Make multiple cuts and fades.
- Non-destructive cut, copy, paste
- Volume change, fade, normalize
- MP3 recording with ACM or Lame encoder
- Fast MPEG visualization and simple navigation
- Layer 2 support (DVD/DVB audio)
- AAC support
- Batch processing
- Cue Sheet support
- Pause detection
- Autocue (track dividing by time values)
- Track splitting with the filename and tag creation
- Trim Crop Fast play · Loop play
- ID3v1.1 tag editor < ID3v2 tag keeping
- VU meter · bitrate visualization
- High-speed recorder · Command line usage
- Unicode support
Changes in mp3DirectCut 2.35:
- DPI consciousness
- File size in MB within the batch list
- Possible bug on file dropping fixed
- Some modifications and corrections
- Windows or Linux with Wine
- For MP3 play/cut: MP3 ACM codec (current in Windows) or mpglib.dll
- For AAC play/cut: libfaad2.dll (32 bit)
- For MP3 recording: encoding ACM or Lame encoder DLL (32 bit)
- For MP4 demuxing: ffmpeg.exe
Size: 311 KB