Exact Audio Copy (together with CDRDAO and Flac packages) is a so-called audio grabber for audio CDs using standard CD and DVD-ROM drives.
It works with a technology, which reads audio CDs nearly completely. If any errors may be corrected, it’s going to inform you at which time position the (possible) distortion occurred, so you possibly can simply control it with e.g. the media player.
Exact Audio Copy could make use of a plugin that accesses the professional GD3 database that provides CD metadata like track titles and covers images. You can take a look at driving the plugin by choosing the GD3 supplier in the main window using the metadata drop-down button.
The Exact Audio Copy includes the CDRDAO CD write engine. CDRDAO wants an extra library, the Cygwin emulation layer. In newer versions, the FLAC command line encoder can also be included.
Features of Exact Audio Copy
- All kinds of CD and DVD drives are supported (together with USB, Firewire, SATA, and SCSI drives)
- Hidden sector synchronization (jitter correction)
- Secure, quick, and burst extraction methods are selectable. Fast extraction ought to run at the same speed as other grabbers with jitter correction however might be not actual anymore. Burst mode simply grabs the audio data without any synchronization.
- Detection of reading errors and full losses of sync and correction within the safe mode, so far as possible
- The output of time positions of all non-exact corrections and the chance to listen to those positions
- EAC is ready to copy ranges of music data, not only tracks
- Automatic speed reduction on reading errors and fallback to a higher speed afterward (relies on the used drive)
- Volume normalization of extracted audio to a given percentage
- Usage of the Windows Audio Compression Manager (ACM Codecs) for direct compression to e.g. MP3 waves
- Support for the LAME DLL that’s usable like an ACM Codec for on-the-fly MP3 compression
- Support of external MP3, WMA, FLAC, and OggVorbis encoders for automatic compression after extraction (supports multi-processor environments)
- Batch compression to WAV files and decompression of supported encoded files to WAV
- Compression offset support for actual compression/decompression
- Detection of pre-track gaps (positions the place negative track times runs in the direction of 00:00:00)
- Detection of silence in pre-track gaps
- Automatic creation of CUE sheets for Burnnn, Feurio, Nero, and even EAC, which might include all gaps, indicies, track attributes, UPC and ISRC, and in addition CD-Text for a precise copy
- CD player performance and prelistening to chosen ranges
- Automatic detection of drive features, whether or not a driver has a correct stream and/or does caching
- Sample offsets for drives with no correct streams, together with the option of filling up lacking samples with silence
- Synchronizing between tracks for non-accurate stream drives
- Track name modifying with local/remote CD databases support and more features like ID3 tagging
- Browse and edit local database
- Certified Escient CDDB Compatible
- Local CDDB support
- Record and loop record functions for recording from LP, radio, etc.
- Automatic renaming of MP3 files based on their ID3 tag
- Catalog extraction function (e.g. first 20 seconds of a track)
- Multisession (CD-Extra) support
- CD-Text support
- CD-Write support for some drives (internally and using CDRDAO)
- ID3 V1.1 tag editor with a drag and drop ability from track listing and CD database browser
- Glitch removed after extraction
- Small WAV editor with the following performance: delete, trim, normalize, pad, glitch removing, pop detection, interpolation of ranges, noise reduction, fade in/out, undo (and far more)
- The program is free for private use, so really feel free to copy
- After freedb was closed down, EAC wanted a replacement for the standard metadata supplier. Therefore gnudb.org was applied as a replacement.
- Furthermore, some issues with the second command line encoder and the Musicbrainz plugin have been fixed (in addition to some other minor bugs like changing spaces with underscores).
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 4.85 MB