Foxit PDF Reader 2023 is a fast, and feature-rich PDF reader which allows you to open, view, and print any PDF file. Also includes easy-to-use collaboration features like the ability to add annotations, fill out forms, and add text to PDF documents.
Foxit PDF Reader has a small footprint that starts up instantly, renders PDF files quickly, and uses very little memory, which is especially important with today’s handheld devices. It is packed full of convenient and easy-to-use viewing, editing, and printing features that make document collaboration simple.
Foxit PDF Reader provides an excellent alternative to the Adobe Acrobat Reader on any computer running the Windows operating system. View, print, and collaborate easily using Foxit PDF Reader.
Whether you’re a consumer, business, government agency, or educational organization, you need to read and annotate PDF documents and fill out PDF forms. You need your Foxit PDF Reader to be:
- Fast – so that you’re not ready without end-to-read files.
- Lightweight – so it’s simply deployable and doesn’t exhaust system resources.
- Secure – so that you don’t get contaminated with viruses and may maintain delicate information secure.
- A Platform – so you’ll be able to lengthen the Reader by creating your value-added capabilities for inner use or resale.
Foxit PDF Reader provides three different ways for you to read PDF files: multi-tab browsing, single document interface mode, and multiple document interface mode. The multi-tab browsing feature enables you to open multiple files in a single instance. If you already have a PDF file open and then double-click another PDF file, it will be opened in the same window. The single document interface mode enables you to open multiple instances of Foxit Reader.
Easy-to-use review and commenting tools
- Add comments or ideas using notes.
- Highlight, underline, or use one of many different tools to deliver consideration to a particular text.
- Easily appropriate mistakes by canceling the final action with the Redo & Undo feature.
New modifying tools
- Include Typewriter, Callout, Textbox, and Measure tools
- Add your comments to your PDF document.
- Use the Typewriter Tool to fill out forms.
- Create comments in a callout text field.
- Measure distances and areas of objects in PDF documents.
XFA Form Filling
- XFA (XML Form Architecture) form filler is used to fill forms with XFA components, allowing you to leverage current XFA forms.
Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory Rights Management Service support
- Open an RMS-protected PDF Document.
- Improve information security, and meet compliance requirements.
- Save money and time with improved enterprise processes.
Free spell checker for comments
- Find any spelling errors and highlight them with squiggly lines.
- Add Images, Movies, Links, and file attachments to any PDF document
- Add /Edit /Play multimedia in PDF files.
- Add an image to a PDF; adjust its size, and position, change the looks, etc…
- Attach PDF files and different types of files to a PDF document.
Text Viewer and Text Converter
- View the entire text content of a PDF file.
- Convert a complete PDF document right into an easy text file.
- Easily modify the bookmarks in a PDF file.
Changes in Foxit PDF Reader 2023.2.0.21408 :
New Features and Improvements
- Integration with ChatGPT to make end users more productive
- Document Summaries – The OpenAI Summary service uses artificial intelligence to generate a concise and accurate summary of a given text input. It analyzes the content of the text and identifies the most important information to include in the summary, using natural language processing and machine learning algorithms.
- Document Re-write – The OpenAI rewrite service uses machine learning to automatically paraphrase or rewrite text while maintaining its original meaning. This service is designed to help users generate new content from existing text, such as for content marketing, SEO, or simply to improve the clarity and readability of writing. This service is free up to 100 pages per user per month.
- AI Chatbot – The OpenAI chatbot service uses natural language processing (NLP) to provide users with detailed responses to their questions in real time. This service is free for up to 50 prompts/questions per user per day.
- Customizable skin and the refreshed look of the title bar
- Support the customization of the skin color to suit your preferences.
- Thick the title bar (sits at the top of the window) and adjust the positions of the items (such as the Search box and File Name) displayed on it, to provide a familiar and intuitive user interface similar to the style of Microsoft 365.
- Improve the Fill & Sign feature by customizing the color of drawn/typed signatures and symbols (i.e., checkmarks/cross marks/dots).
- Bookmark enhancements
- Search for bookmarks in PDFs using keywords to quickly find and navigate to the specific section.
- Set the default zoom level for pages when creating bookmarks in PDFs.
- Set and modify the appearances and actions of bookmarks in batch.
- Provide the “Level Up” and “Level Down” options to move bookmarks one level up or down exactly, to avoid the clumsy manual dragging.
- Easier work with comments
- Paste a comment at the same position on a different page as it was originally cut or copied from.
- Add more options in the Commenting preferences and optimize the display scheme for the floating toolbar and pop-up note, to help users work easier with comments.
- Rotate comments added by the Drawing tools at any angle.
- Measure the area of circular objects in PDF files.
- Use Microsoft Edge WebView2 to better display embedded web pages in the application.
Issues Addressed in version 2023.2.0.21408
- Fixed an issue where the uploading of the .admx and .adml files on Intune failed.
- Fixed an issue where the application crash could occur when opening a digitally signed document from File Explorer with a PDF already open in the application.
- Fixed an issue where opening a certain file encrypted by File Open would result in an error prompt.
- Fixed an issue where the filled-in text was compressed and justified when users filled in form fields in a certain PDF.
- Fixed some security and stability issues.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
- macOS 10.13 or higher
- Ubuntu Desktop 14.04 ~ 16.10
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.x (64-bit) ~ 7.x
- SUSE 12 Linux Enterprise Server
- OpenSUSE 13.2
- OpenSUSE Leap 42.x
For users using the Active Directory Rights Management Service, the following systems are supported:
- Ubuntu Desktop 14.04 ~ 16.10
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.x ~ 7.x
- OpenSUSE 13.2
- OpenSUSE Leap 42.x
- Verified as Citrix Ready with Citrix XenApp 7.13
Size: 145 MB