Adobe Camera Raw 16 is a must-have powerful Adobe Photoshop plugin for professional photographers. It lets you import and enhance RAW images. This converter functionality in Adobe Photoshop software provides fast and easy access to the RAW image formats. It is produced by many leading professional and midrange digital cameras.
By working with these “digital negatives,” you can achieve the results you want with greater artistic control and flexibility while still maintaining the original RAW files.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom software is built upon the same powerful raw processing technology that is available in the Adobe Camera Raw plug-in.
This powerful plug-in has been frequently updated to support more cameras and include more features. And is available as part of Adobe Photoshop. The Adobe Camera Raw plug-in also supports RAW files in Digital Negative (DNG) format.
Adobe DNG Converter
It is a free utility that enables you to easily convert camera-specific raw files from more than 350 cameras to the more universal DNG raw format.
Digital Negative (DNG) is an openly published raw file specification that stores the “RAW” pixel data. It is captured by the digital camera sensor before it has been converted to JPEG or TIFF along with standard EXIF metadata, date, time, camera used, and camera settings. This format is freely available for other software and hardware vendors to support.
When working with RAW files, the file is not compressed or processed in the camera instead, Adobe software gives the user complete control over the conversion settings. For example, white balance is not applied to the RAW file but is stored with the file. So the software can default to the originally intended setting. Other information contained in a DNG file includes standard EXIF metadata (just like in JPEG files), date, time, camera used, and camera settings.
- Add optical blur and bokeh using the Lens Blur tool. Add an aesthetic blur effect to any part of a photo through AI-powered Lens Blur. Easily achieve the popular bokeh effect without requiring an expensive camera lens.
- Edit and export HDR photos in Adobe Camera Raw. Edit and save HDR photos in new industry-standard formats like AVIF and JPEG XL, which offer higher quality at smaller file sizes.
- Make targetted color adjustments with Point Color. Point Color allows flexible color selection and additional color input refinement across Hue, Saturation, and Luminance.
- Support for new cameras and lenses. Find newly added cameras and lenses in the full list of supported profiles.
System Requirements for Adobe Camera Raw CC:
- Windows 10 (64-bit) version 1909 or later; LTSC versions are not supported
- macOS Catalina (version 10.15), macOS Big Sur (version 11) or later
Size: 892 MB