OpenOffice 4 product is a multi-platform office productiveness suite. It includes the important things in desktop applications, resembling a word processor, spreadsheet, presentation manager, and drawing program.
This Office Suite has a user interface and feature set just like different office suites. Sophisticated and versatile, it additionally works transparently with a wide range of file formats, together with these of Microsoft Office.
Available in over 45 supported languages, OpenOffice runs stably and natively on Solaris, Linux (together with PPC Linux), Windows, Mac OS, and different platforms.
Written in C++ and with documented APIs licensed under the LGPL and SISSL Open Source licenses, OpenOffice allows any educated developer to profit from the source.
And, as a result of the file format for OpenOffice being XML, interoperability is simple, making future improvements and adoption more certain.
Apache OpenOffice has such modules:
- Writer is a word processor you should use for something from writing a fast letter to producing a complete ebook.
- Calc is a robust spreadsheet with all of the tools it’s worthwhile to calculate, analyze, and current your data in numerical experiences or scorching graphics.
- Impress the quickest, strongest approach to creating efficient multimedia presentations.
- Draw allows you to produce every part from easy diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
- Base allows you to manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and experiences, all from inside Apache OpenOffice.
- Math allows you to create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by straight typing your formulation into the equation editor.
and other people working in any respect ranges of the presidency (local/federal/regional/nationwide etc) find OpenOffice 4 is their ultimate software program resolution. The mixture of a versatile word processor, a robust spreadsheet, dynamic graphics, database access and more meets all of the regular wants of a typical busy office employee. Already available in a variety of languages, OpenOffice 4 may be freely translated by local groups.
of all ranges (main, secondary, school, college…) find OpenOffice 4 meets the wants of each teacher and college student. The versatile phrase processor, highly effective spreadsheet, dynamic graphics, database access, and more meet all requirements for an office software program package deal.
from nook retailers to company giants are turning to OpenOffice 4 to energy their companies. The versatile word processor, highly effective spreadsheet, dynamic graphics, database access, and more meet all of the requirements for a workplace software program package deal. This Office Suite gives an excessive diploma of compatibility with business office software programs, however with not one of the prices or license worries.
Not for Profit (NFP)
organizations of all sizes are turning to this office software program that meets their wants and shares their values. It gives an excessive diploma of compatibility with business office software programs, however with not one of the prices or license worries.
Build what you are promoting around Apache OpenOffice. If you’re within the IT enterprise, OpenOffice can imply a good enterprise for you. The versatile word processor, highly effective spreadsheet, dynamic graphics, database access and more meet all of the requirements for an office software program package deal.
Free/Open-Source Software (F/OSS)
proponents are turning to OpenOffice each as end-users and as contributors. OpenOffice is the office suite that is an alternative to tens of millions of users. It is launched under the OSI-accepted LGPL terms, with over 750 contributors and a world group approaching 400,000 people.
System Requirements for Apache OpenOffice 4.1.x:
- Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 2012, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Free memory of 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
- At least 650 MB of available disk space for a default install through download. After installation and deletion of momentary installation files, Apache OpenOffice will use roughly 440 MB of disk space.
- 1024 x 768 pixel or higher resolution with at the very least 256 colors (16.7 million colors recommended)
- Linux kernel version 2.6 or higher, glibc2 version 2.5 or higher
- Free memory of 256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
- 400 MB available disk space
- X-Server with 1024 x 768 pixel or higher resolution with at the very least 256 colors (16.7 million colors recommended)
- OS X 10.7 (Lion) or higher
- Intel Processor
- Free memory of 512 MB RAM
- 400 MB available disk space
- 1024 x 768 pixel or higher resolution with 16.7 million colors
- The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.5.x, is the minimum version required to make use of the total performance of Apache OpenOffice that wants Java (see Java and Apache OpenOffice). However, we strongly recommend the final version of Oracle Java 1.6.x, patch level 45, or the most recent Oracle Java 7, or – for Linux users – OpenJDK 6, build 27, or OpenJDK 7.
Size: 136 MB