FreeCAD Software is a parametric 3D CAD modeler and drawing tool. It is focused squarely on the mechanical engineering and product design fields. FreeCAD Software is a general-purpose feature for CAD, MCAD, CAx, CAE, and PLM. Its goals are immediately at mechanical engineering and product design but additionally match a wider variety of makes use in engineering. Such as structure or different engineering specialties.
It is 100% Open Source and intensely modular, permitting very superior extension and customization. This Software can already import DXF, OCA/ GCAD, SVG, STP, STEP, IGS, IGES, and different formats. You can even create a brand-new document from scratch.
FreeCAD Software supports 2D objects like strains, rectangles, arcs, or circles. As effectively as numerous 3D primitives (field, sphere, cylinder, cone, torus), every of which might then be manipulated in numerous methods (translation, rotation, mirroring, scaling, offset, and more).
There are additionally loads of mesh tools. A drawing module that exports projected views of your geometry to a 2D SVG document. And a raytracing module that exports your work for rendering in POV-Ray.
Python code underlies all of this. Everything you do throughout the interface will be subject to some Python command, which you’ll study. Freely enter Python instructions yourself in case you want a bit more flexibility. Or even create macros by recording any significantly helpful Python for replay later.
FreeCAD Software relies on OpenCasCade. That is a strong geometry kernel, options an Open Inventor-compliant 3D scene illustration mannequin. It is offered by the Coin 3D library and a broad Python API. The interface is built with Qt. FreeCAD Software runs precisely the identical approach on Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux platforms.
- A whole Open CASCADE Technology-based geometry kernel permitting complicated 3D operations on complicated form varieties. With native support for ideas like brep, NURBS curves, and surfaces. A variety of geometric entities, boolean operations, and fillets, and built-in support of STEP and IGES formats
- A full parametric model. All FreeCAD Software objects are natively parametric. That means their form could be primarily based on properties and even rely upon different objects. All adjustments are recalculated on-demand and recorded by the undo/redo stack.
- A modular architecture that permits plugins (modules) to add performance to the core software.
- Import and export to standard formats. Such as STEP, IGES, OBJ, STL, DXF, SVG, STL, DAE, IFC or OFF, NASTRAN, and VRML. In addition to FreeCAD’s native Fcstd file format.
- A Sketcher with constraint-solver, permitting to sketch geometry-constrained 2D shapes. The sketcher at present permits you to construct several kinds of constrained geometry. Also, you should utilize them as a base to construct different objects all through FreeCAD Software.
- A Robot simulation module that permits learning robotic actions. The robotic module already has a prolonged graphical interface permitting a GUI-only workflow.
- A Drawing sheets module that lets you put 2D views of your 3D fashions on a sheet. This module then produces ready-to-export SVG or PDF sheets. The module remains sparse however already provides highly effective Python performance.
- A Rendering module that may export 3D objects for rendering with exterior renderers. Currently solely supports povray and LuxRender, however, it will likely be prolonged to different renderers sooner or later.
- An Architecture module that permits BIM-like workflow, with IFC compatibility.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32 and 64 bits)
- macOS 10.11 El Capitan and later
- Debian-based Linux systems
Size: 492 MB