Sweet Home 3D is a free interior and 3D design software that helps you place your furniture on a house 2D plan, with a 3D preview. This software is aimed at people who want to design their interior quickly.
Whether they are moving or just want to redesign their existing home. Numerous visual guides help you draw the plan of your home and layout furniture. The user may draw the walls of his rooms upon the image of an existing plan, change the color or the texture of the walls, draw dimensions, drag and drop furniture in the plan from a catalog organized by categories (living room, kitchen).
You can import additional 3D models created by yourself or downloaded from different Web sites, and change the size, orientation, and elevation of each piece of furniture with the mouse.
Sweet Home 3D allows you to view the changes in the plan simultaneously in the 3D view, either from an aerial view viewpoint or from a virtual visitor view viewpoint, print the home plan and the 3D view. Each change in the 2D plan is simultaneously updated in the 3D view, to show you a realistic rendering of your layout.
Sweet Home 3D Features:
- Draw straight, round, or sloping walls with precise dimensions using the mouse or the keyboard.
- Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them in the plan. And let Sweet Home 3D compute their holes in walls.
- Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalog organized by categories such as kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom…
- Change the color, texture, size, thickness, location, and orientation of furniture, walls, floors, and ceilings.
- While designing the home in 2D, simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view. Or navigate into it from a virtual visitor’s point of view.
- Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts, and arrows, and show the North direction with a compass rose.
- Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to customize lights. Control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
- Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete the default catalog, and textures to customize surfaces.
- Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos, and 3D files in standard file formats.
- Extend the features of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java. Or by developing a derived version based on its Model View Controller architecture.
- Choose the language displayed in the user interface of Sweet Home 3D and its rich help from 25 languages.
Changes in Sweet Home 3D 7.2 :
- Added Modify dimensions menu item to edit dimensions coordinates, color, and font size.
- Handled dimensions display in 3D view.
- Added elevation dimensions to show the item’s height.
- Added Selection and editing in the 3D view option in the preferences pane to enable selection, modification, furniture moves, and rotation, as well as dragging furniture from the catalog in the 3D view.
- Managed magnetized placement of objects in shelf units with the new shelfElevations and shelfBoxes properties.
- Managed user-defined properties defined in com.eteks.sweethome3d.additionalFurnitureProperties System property with the ability to display them in the furniture table and modify them in the Furniture modification panel.
- Added preset posture choice (available for mannequin models in the default catalog and the Scopia library).
- Added multi-level printing support.
- Added Recompute room points item to plan contextual menu.
- Made default category equal to User in the furniture import wizard.
- Added the ability to display the Description column in the furniture table.
- Added license property to furniture libraries and the ability to display License column in furniture table.
- Deactivated 3D updates process when the 3D view is hidden.
- Ensured detached 3D view is visible after opening a SH3D file.
- Ignored invisible objects under the cursor when the Select object is chosen in the 3D view contextual menu.
- Fixed texture transparency in YafaRay rendering.
- Updated JOGL to version 2.5.0 for macOS, Windows 64-bit, and Linux 64-bit.
- Updated Abbot library to version 1.2.
- Added Modify dimensions dialog box, elevation dimensions, 3D handling option, shelves magnetism, and preset postures choice to Sweet Home 3D JS Online.
- Added new classes to Sweet Home 3D JS to store home data directly on a server, in IndexedDB or local storage, with auto recovery management in IndexedDB.
- Added to repository Web application and Zip archive to deploy Sweet Home 3D JS on JSP or PHP servers respectively.
- Added to Furniture Library Editor the ability to edit light and door/window properties, add user-defined properties, and customize imported model icons.
- Added an option in the preferences pane of Furniture Library Editor and Textures Library Editor to use imported file names directly as furniture or texture names.
- Added support for export to JSON format when saved library name ends with .json in Furniture Library Editor and Textures Library Editor.
- Other minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Sweet Home 3D may run on Windows, macOS 10.4 to 12, Linux, and Solaris.
Size: 80.9 MB