TeamTalk 5 is a freeware conferencing system that permits several customers to take part in audio and video conversations. Also, it permits a gaggle of individuals to collaborate and share any data. During a convention, folks can discuss utilizing their microphone, see different folks utilizing their webcams, share files, present desktop functions, play music, and so on.
Unlike different in-style conferencing functions, TeamTalk comes with its standalone server. This means you don’t rely upon a 3rd social gathering to host your conferences. In different phrases, you’re in the whole management of your group and may select who can take part.
The setup file contains each shopper and server function. Special shopper software included accessibility options for the visually impaired. This software program has been developed since 2002.
How the TeamTalk Conferencing System works:
To use the TeamTalk conferencing system customers should both arrange their very own TeamTalk server or connect with one of many servers that are publicly out there. Once linked customers are introduced to set channels (generally known as rooms) which a consumer can enter and from there work together with the opposite customers who’re on the identical track.
Audio and Video Conversations
TeamTalk helps several video periods so it’s potential to see a video of each consumer in a channel. To see the customers with video merely click on the Video tab the place all of the energetic video periods lined up in a grid. Users who’re transmitting videos have a blue body surrounding their consumer icon. By clicking the detach button within the high proper nook it’s potential to see the chosen consumer in a separate window.
Share Desktop Applications
The consumer can share any software operating on her PC’s desktop with different customers. This can be utilized for doing online shows. To see the shared software in a separate window, press the detach button within the high proper nook.
By clicking the Files tab customers can see which files could be downloaded within the channel they’re taking part in. Each file is listed with a reputation, it is the scale and who uploaded the file.
The TeamTalk shopper software accommodates a listing of publicly out their Team Talk servers you could connect with and use freely. Some would possibly, nonetheless, favor running their very own server and for this TeamTalk comes with its standalone server out there for each Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Running your server permits you to configure precisely the way you need your server to look and who ought to have entry to it. The most variety of customers who can go online to a server is 1000.
What’s New in TeamTalk 5.12 :
- Default Qt Client
- Option to change status message when idle
- Option in “Change status” dialog to display file name as a status message when streaming
- Sound events can be configured to play one by one in the “Preferences” dialog
- Sound event when intercepted
- Text-To-Speech events when voice activation and Push-To-Talk enabled/disabled
- See sort order in the “Sort by” context menu on the files list, user accounts, and server list
- The text message window is not automatically focused anymore
- Ability to clear text message history
- Use F6 to switch between history and the new message field in the “Text Message” dialog
- Press a printable character on the history field on the “Text Message” dialog or the main window now switches to the new message field
- Fixed user text message sent and channel message sent sound not reset when changing sounds pack
- Fixed missing label for “Media files RX/TX” on the “Server Statistics” dialog
- Fixed “Channel silent” sound event played out of the channel
- Fixed systematic disconnect if server list configured to show at startup and starting from TT:// URL or TT file
- macOS updated to Qt 6.4.1
- Windows updated to Qt 6.5.0-dev
- Android Client
- Bluetooth headset working again on Android 11 and lower
- iOS Client
- Force playback using Bluetooth Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Support for the Indonesian language
- Headset TX toggle moved to General section in Preferences
- Toggle TX on/off using AirPods when using A2DP
- Fixed crash issue when loading server list
- Fixed crash issue when user banned from the non-existing channel
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11
- Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) and later
- Linux, Debian, CentOS, Raspbian
- iOS 8.0 and later
- Android 5 and later (ARMv7A, ARM64, x86, x64)
The Team Talk Conferencing System consists of each shopper and server software. Most customers will solely want to put in the shopper software until, in addition, they intend to run their very own Team Talk 5 server.
Size: 44.6 MB