Thunderbird 68 by Mozilla is a fully-featured, very functional, secure email client and RSS feed reader, created by Mozilla. It offers a pretty and streamlined interface to a very powerful email package.
Furthermore, it lets you handle mail efficiently and with style, and Thunderbird filters away junk mail too.
It is a sophisticated and very well integrated Bayesian spam filter knocks out most junk mail (after some training). Combine these two aspects, and you get a sensible feature that automatically sanitizes (potentially dangerous) HTML code.
Also, it turns off remote images for spam or anything else you classify as bad mail. For example, worms and viruses. Though not perfect, a scam sensor detects tactics commonly used to fool users.
Flexible views, free-form tags, and powerful filters search and virtual folders make it a snap to handle large amounts of mail.
Mozilla Thunderbird 60 also works fine with IMAP accounts and across email accounts. The integrated RSS feed reader extends these abilities to news.
Thunderbird 60, as a messaging system, is uniquely positioned as the tool that users can use to integrate as many of their communications as they want. It is a powerful yet enjoyable tool to help individuals manage their online interactions.
Whether that’s email, instant messaging, social networking messages, or other types of messages. Thunderbird combines an open architecture, powerful extensibility, and customization framework. Also a person-centric perspective on communications.
Mozilla Thunderbird Features
- Manages multiple POP and IMAP email accounts and reads RSS feeds.
- A junk mail filter using Bayesian statistics can spam automatically.
- Mail views, free-form message tags, and flexible filters let you organize and prioritize good mail easily.
- Searches can be saved to virtual folders that automatically aggregate relevant mail in Thunderbird.
- Offers rich, but security and privacy-conscious HTML formatting support.
- The program detects common scam tactics and automatically sanitize the mail classified as junk
- S/MIME support lets you encrypt and sign mail (OpenPGP plug-in available).
- You can run Mozilla Thunderbird from a removable medium such as a USB stick.
- Many extensions allow us to expand more the feature set or improve usability.
- Supports Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 or later • Windows Server 2008 R2 or later • Mac OS X 10.9 or later • Linux: GTK+ 3.4 or higher.
Size: 38.8 MB