7-Zip 22 is an open-source file archiver with an excessive compression ratio predominantly for the Microsoft Windows operating system.
It operates both as a command-line program and with a graphical user interface. It additionally features integration with the Windows shell environment.
Compression ratio outcomes are very dependent upon the data used for the checks. Usually, 7-Zip compresses to 7z format 30-70% higher than to zip format. And it compresses to zip format 2-10% higher than most other zip suitable programs.
7-Zip is a free program, developed by Igor Pavlov and distributed under the GNU LGPL license. This file archiver works on all Windows operating systems, from Windows NT to 10 (32-bit and 64-bit).
7-Zip main features:
- High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression and LZMA2 compression
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, the offered compression ratio is 2-10 % higher than the ratio offered by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting functionality for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command-line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 87 languages
- Supported formats:
- Packing/unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
- Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR, and Z.
Changes in 7-Zip 22.01 :
- UDF support was improved to UDF version 2.60.
- HFS and APFS support was improved.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.
Size: 1.23 MB