FinePrint is a Windows printer driver that provides advanced printing capability. You can create booklets, save and compile print jobs from multiple sources and so much more! Print double sided on any printer, print on your own electronic letterhead, and create new documents by combining your print jobs together. You can add gutters for binding all with complete assurance that the printed output will match the preview on screen. Reduce paper, ink and printer costs by at least 30% with this award-winning printer utility. FinePrint saves you money on paper and toner, weight in your briefcase, and time and hassle in managing your print jobs. With FinePrint working for you, annoying printing problems disappear.
FinePrint also features universal print previewer, deleting unwanted pages, converting to grayscale, removing blank pages, removing unwanted text and images, printing multiple pages on a single sheet, archiving print jobs. There are many ways to reduce paper consumption in an organization. Two of the most common are duplex printing, and multi-up printing. These methods can be effective but are not optimal.
Duplex printing: Printing on both sides of the paper (called duplexing) using special duplexing hardware can reduce the amount of paper used and it is fully supported by FinePrint. However, duplexing has some drawbacks:
- It requires special hardware that is not available for all printers.
- The user must specifically ask for duplexing service via the printer driver which an often cumbersome task.
- Duplexing takes more time than printing two single sheets of paper because of the longer paper path and complicated mechanics of duplex devices.
- Printers jams are more common in duplex printers which may require the use of heavier paper stock.
Multi-up printing: Some printers have printer drivers that can print multiple pages on a sheet. Multi-up printing as it is called, is an excellent way to save paper as it reduces paper and toner use, speeds up the printing process and causes less wear and tear on printers. Surprisingly, these drivers are underutilized because:
- Each printer brand and model has a different method and user interface for the multi-up function.
- Multi-up functions are hidden within the printer driver and are inconvenient to access
- No preview feature is available to determine if the material will be readable in different multi-up formats.
- The user must remember to reset the multi-up setting when single page printing is desired. Forgetting to do so often leads to reprinting, wasting more paper and time.
FinePrint supports duplex printing on all printers but emphasizes the multi-up printing method as the preferred mode. This makes FinePrint an ideal solution for the following reasons:
- Single printer driver provides advanced functions for all printers eliminating the training problem associated with multiple user interfaces presented by different manufacturer drivers.
- Print preview window appears for each print job. This makes it easy to determine the best layout for the particular content being printed.
- Bypass button goes straight to printer with a single click in cases where no additional formatting is desired.
- Server edition eases installation across workstations.
FinePrint has a number of other features that increase efficiency beyond multi up printing:
- Jobs can be previewed and printed on electronic versions of company letterhead and forms. This eliminates the need to purchase pre-printed forms and enforces company graphical standards.
- Multiple jobs can be batched together as a single print job which eliminates the problem of having jobs interspersed with those of others.
- Unwanted pages from email and web pages can be deleted before printing
Supported OS: Windows XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7, Server 2012, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit), Citrix.
Size: 8.28 MBOnly registered and login users have permission to view hidden link.