Deluge is a lightweight, full-featured, free cross-platform BitTorrent client for Windows, Linux, OS X, and Unix. It makes use of libtorrent in its backend and features multiple user interfaces together with GTK+, web, and console.
Deluge has been designed using the client-server model with a daemon process that handles all of the BitTorrent activity. The Deluge daemon is ready to run on headless machines with the user interfaces having the ability to connect remotely from any platform.
The application features a wealthy plugin collection. Most of Deluge’s performance is available in the form of plugins.
The program was created to be lightweight and unobtrusive. The downloading shouldn’t be the first task on your computer and due to this fact shouldn’t monopolize system resources.
The application will not be designed for anybody’s desktop environment and can work simply fantastic in GNOME, KDE, XFCE, and others. It is a free program and is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
- Core/UI split allowing Deluge to run as a daemon
- Connect remotely to the Deluge daemon
- BitTorrent Protocol Encryption
- Mainline DHT
- Local Peer Discovery (aka LSD)
- FAST protocol extension
- µTorrent Peer Exchange
- Private Torrents
- UPnP and NAT-PMP
- Web seed
- Global and per-torrent speed limits
- Configurable bandwidth scheduler
- Password protection
- RSS (by way of Plugin)
- Proxy support
- Web UI
- Console UI
- GTK+ UI
- Other libtorrent features
- And a lot more!
What’s New in Deluge 2.0:
- Migrated to Python 3 with minimal support retained for Python 2.7.
- Shiny new logo.
- Multi-user support.
- Performance updates to deal with 1000’s torrents with quicker loading times.
- A New Console UI which emulates GTK/Web UIs.
- GTK UI migrated to GTK3 with UI enhancements and additions.
- Magnet pre-fetching to allow file choice when including torrent.
- Fully support libtorrent 1.2 release.
- Language switching support.
- Improved documentation hosted on ReadTheDocs.
- AutoAdd plugin replaces built-in performance.
- Fix missing trackers added via magnet
- Fix handling magnets with tracker tiers
Deluge application is available for Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
Size: 34.3 MB