FrostWire is an open-source, peer-to-peer file-sharing program for the BitTorrent protocols. FrostWire is a free program and could be run on any pc with a web connection, with little or no minimum system requirements.
Join tens of millions of different file sharers and download limitless music, films, and games. A big number of files could be discovered on FrostWire, and looking for them is fast and simple. Never once more pay for a service that might be dirt-cheap – if it weren’t being run by profiteering gluttons.
This software program is written in Java. Gnutella support was dropped totally, and now FrostWire solely makes use of the BitTorrent network. You can now use FrostWire to ship massive files or whole folders to Colleagues, Friends, and households.
As FrostWire fetches search outcomes from the major search engines, it makes use of these outcomes to crawl the Azureus DHT to learn concerning the contents listed by these torrents. FrostWire is not going to use the bandwidth of the major search engines on this course, it is going to solely use the torrent information hash to carry out DHT queries, which means, .torrent files are fetched solely from the DHT, not from search engine’s web servers, it’s looking out powers is not going to rely on a central entity.
The undertaking was begun in September 2005 by members of the LimeWire open-source neighborhood, after LimeWire’s distributor thought of inserting “blocking” code, which it was created in response to RIAA strain and the threat of authorized action, in mild of the U.S. Supreme Court’s choice in MGM Studios, Inc. v. Grokster, Ltd. When finally activated, the code may block its users from sharing licensed files. FrostWire was first launched in October 2005.
- Completely Free and open-source
- Send massive files and folders
- Firewall-to-firewall transfers
- Turbo-Charged DOWNLOAD Speeds
- Full-featured BitTorrent support
- Magnet Link appropriate
- SoundCloud appropriate
- Built-in Video Player
- Wi-Fi sharing for Mac, PC, Android
- Kindle Fire HD appropriate
- Internet Radio support
- New Media Library and Audio Player
- iTunes Integration
- Max. speed network connections
- Junk Result Filters
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Proxy Support
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
FrostWire performs a Smart Search upon essentially the most related torrent search outcomes that come from BitTorrent SERPs, which means it remembers each file contained by each torrent it scans growing tremendously the possibility to seek out what you might be on the lookout for, tremendous quick.
Changes in FrostWire 6.9.7 Build 311:
- New mplayer 12.0.5/ffmpeg 4.2.1 build.
- macOS arm64 and x86_64 fwplayer builds
- Telluride Cloud Video Downloader build 20
- jlibtorrent 184.108.40.206 (boost 1.78, OpenSSL 1.1.1m)
- lt: don’t disable announcing from local endpoints because of temporary failures
- lt: fix issue in parsing UPnP XML response with multiple forwarding services
- lt: cache DNS lookups for SOCKS5 proxy
- lt: fix stalled pieces on disk-full errors
- lt:fix build configuration issue on NetBSD, OpenBSD and DragonFly
- lt: make UTF-8 sanitization a bit stricter. This will re-write invalid UTF-8 code points encoding surrogate pairs
- lt:fix restoring last_seen_complete from resume data
- lt: fix the issue on macOS where the DHT was not restarted on a network-up notification
- lt: make remove_torrent flags be treated as flags (instead of an enum)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista for Intel processors (64-bit only)
- Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or later (64-bit)
- Linux, Unix such as Solaris (64-bit)
- Android 5.0 (Lollypop) or later
Size: 51.4 MB