Vuze (previously Azureus) is a Java-based BitTorrent consumer that gives several torrent downloads, queuing/precedence methods (on torrents and files), begin/cease seeding choices, and immediate access to quite a few items of details about your torrents. It additionally options an embedded tracker that’s simply arranged and able to use.
Vuze connects to the BitTorrent community. BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer protocol designed to switch files. Users join on to ship and obtain parts of a file, whereas a central tracker coordinates the motion of all friends and manages connections without information about the contents of the files being distributed.
With BitTorrent, customers add on the identical time they download, so community bandwidth is managed as effectively as doable.
BitTorrent is designed to work higher than different file switch protocols because the variety of folks eager about a sure file will increase. Vuze helps 27 languages.
Features of Vuze
- Swarm Merging to finish torrents that should not have all of the accessible bits, and to speed up downloading
- Rate limiting globally, by download, by tag, by peer-set (e.g. friends from a given nation), by the community (public/I2P), and even by peer. Overall capability limits are additionally supported to work with ISP limits. Limits can be scheduled by time of day and so forth.
- WebTorrent support – Vuze can download and see to WebTorrent friends. There can be a constructed-in WebTorrenn tracker.
- Robust settings. If you need to manage it, there’s in all probability a setting for it!
- Remote controlled by way of Web URL, or Android app (any android app that helps the Transmission RPC will do, however, we advocate our Vuze Remote, after all).
Organization, Discovery, and Social Features
- Tags and Categories. Allows you additionally to set share ratios, file places, speed limits, and so forth for a bunch of torrents.
- Meta-search, with the power to add and create customized website templates
- Swarm Discoveries lists torrents that different folks have downloaded together with the torrents you download.
- Tag Discovery to find what different customers have tagged content material with. This will be very useful earlier than deciding to download the content material.
- Subscriptions to RSS feeds in addition to search outcomes. You may also create your individual subscription feed to share with others
- Decentralized rankings and feedback. You can view them earlier than the torrent is added to Vuze.
- Decentralized public and nameless chats with default channels for particular person torrents, tags, subscriptions, and trackers
Privacy and Security Features
- I2P support (utilizing I2P DHT) for nameless downloading
- Detection of VPNs for higher integration
- Ability to proxy search outcomes, subscriptions, and inner browser connections by Tor if the location is inaccessible
- Media Playback
- Media Conversion (Transcoding)
- UPnP Media Server and DLNA support, permitting devices to attach and browse your content material, and permitting Vuze to ship the content material onto devices.
- RSS to talk writer for sharing content material streams by way of chat
- Decentralized content material replication for sharing arbitrary modifiable files
Changes in Version 220.127.116.11:
- Classic buddies meet dchat!
- Handle alt networks
- Option to talk about torrent errors
- Option to cover auto-generated messages
- Added possibility to maneuver torrent on tag-transfer-on-full
- Option to categorize friend connections as lan-native for charge limiting functions
- Support some alternative chats
- Torrent location support for initial save location and copy-on-complete
- Added JSON import
- I2P: set up on attempted DNS resolution
- Lots more minor improvements and fixes
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 14.3 MB