Auslogics Disk Defrag 11 is a vital maintenance tool that will improve your PC’s performance by defragmenting and re-arranging files on your disk. This software was designed to remedy system sluggishness and crashes caused by disk fragmentation.
Auslogics Disk Defrag is extremely simple to use. It does not require any analysis phase and is faster than most of the other disk defragmentation software. It will help you get the maximum performance out of your expensive hardware investments.
Auslogics Disk Defrag places system files on the faster part of the disk, minimizing the time needed for the hard drive to access them. Merges scattered pieces of free space into a contiguous block, preventing fragmentation of newly created files.
Auslogics Disk Defrag 11 minimizes the growth of the VSS storage area and reduces the chance of overwriting previous VSS snapshots. You can set it to start defragmentation automatically when the computer has been idle for 15 minutes.
This defragmenting tool is designed for fast optimization of today’s modern hard disks. Get the maximum performance out of your expensive hardware investments. Can save time by defragmenting only necessary files, instead of defragmenting an entire hard drive.
Auslogics Disk Defrag 11 is not just a defragmenter anymore, but a fully featured disk optimizer. And with all the advanced techniques of disk optimization it has, Disk Defrag remains extremely compact and even easier to use!
Auslogics Disk Defrag Features:
- Free space consolidation. Disk Defrag merges free space into a big contiguous block. This technology dramatically slows additional file fragmentation and quickens disk access.
- System files smart placement. Commonly utilized by Windows, system files could also be scattered all around the disk and intermixed with data files. Disk Defrag arranges system files by defragmenting and transferring them to the quicker part of the disk. This minimizes the time wanted for HDD to access system files bettering overall computer performance.
- Enhanced user interface. A redesigned user interface was built-in into the Windows Explorer context menu and minimized to the system tray on close. Use its many new customization settings to simplify the defragmentation process.
- List of fragmented files. Auslogics Disk Defrag lists all of the fragmented files after performing disk analysis. You can find probably the most fragmented files and their paths by sorting the list. Right-click on any file immediately within the list to defragment it.
Normally, the NTFS file system reserves about 12.5% of the disk volume for the MFT records (a place where the system stores information about each file and directory). However, when the remainder of the disk space is getting low, the MFT Reserved Zone will probably be used for storing common files.
This might result in MFT fragmentation. Auslogics Disk Defrag replaces common files from the MFT Reserved Zone into the remainder of the disk space and allows NTFS to allocate contiguous space for the MFT records and thus stop its fragmentation.
More Advanced Features:
- Auto-defrag mode. With its auto-defragmentation feature, Disk Defrag acts in real-time, while your system is idle. It can simply defragment your hard drives in the background and you will not even discover its activity.
- Single file or folder defragmentation. It is typically cheap to defragment both one or several individual files as an alternative to defragmenting a whole drive. Auslogics Disk Defrag can save you time by defragmenting only the files that you have simply chosen.
- Scheduled defragmentation. Running Auslogics Disk Defrag regularly ensures your disks keep defragmented. Use a variety of its scheduler options to set probably the most suitable time for disk defragmentation.
- Multiple Languages. Available in English, German, Dutch, Japanese, and Russian.
Changes in Auslogics Disk Defrag 22.214.171.124 :
- Fixed several minor bugs
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 19.9 MB