Diffractor is the quickest photo and video organizer software for Windows FREE. This software is designed to manage a collection of photographs and videos on your PC. It indexes your files to allow duplicate detection, quick search, and collection presence.
It can view and search any files, however, the collection has additional features such as duplicate detection, quick search, and presence. The collection is indexed to support these features.
The purpose is to be the quickest method to edit and search photo metadata. Diffractor will play or view most types of media nonetheless it misses some media player features; for example no support for subtitles.
Your collection is simply defined because of the contents of 1 or more folders. Use the collection options screen to specify which folders. (press CONTROL F6). For example, All my household photographs and videos make up my collection. It is split over a few different folders.
- View everything. View images and play videos or audio files without changing applications. Supports most formats including RAW images. No additional codecs are wanted.
- Find anything. Search for any metadata attributes. Use the sidebar for an overview by date, location, or file type. XMP, IPC, EXIF, ID3, and most other metadata standards are supported.
- Compare and sort. Compare images and videos side-by-side. Highlight the best items with ratings, tags, and flags. Prune the bad ones.
- Edit and fix. Add or fix metadata like ratings, tags, and locations. Simple picture edits: Resize, rotate, crop, and adjust color.
- Never miss a file. Diffractor knows when files are present in your collection. Useful if you find an old memory card and wish to know if you have these files or not.
- Synchronize. Automatically synchronize your file collection to a NAS or network drive. Synchronization will be bidirectional – allowing you to collaborate and sync other people’s changes.
Diffractor calculates the presence of files within the collection. The presence indicates if a file exists or it has a duplicate within the collection. It additionally indicates if an item has sidecars.
Sidecars are additional files related to a media item – for example XMP metadata or subtitles. The presence tooltip lists the files that the diffractor has detected. Duplicates in red and sidecars in green.
Presence additionally works for files outside the collection. Use it to check if files on an old memory card are missing from the collection. Simply open the memory card and group files by presence. Files can:
- Have similar or duplicate files in the collection.
- Have a newer or older version of the collection.
- NOT be in the collection.
The Import (F9) feature allows files to copy (or transfer) right into a year/date hierarchy. Many users manage images and videos in this manner. Import also supports other folder structures and has an analysis mode that may determine where files can be copied to.
Not all locations are within the Diffractors database. The application also can use Google to find other locations. This feature is available after donating to Diffractor. Google location services cost money.
Changes in Diffractor 125.0 :
- Adds a new smart scrollbar to the items view that shows a year or other grouping information about the items displayed.
- Also improves performance when displaying large lists of items.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Diffractor software supports English and German language.
Size: 24.2 MB