Ultimate Boot CD permits you to run floppy-primarily based diagnostics tools from CDROM drives and consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD.
You can create a boot CD with any of a wide range of hard drive diagnostics, hard disk management programs, memory diagnostics, Linux-based rescue discs, and more.
An experimental feature additionally allows you to run Ultimate Boot CD out of your USB memory stick on newer machines that support booting from USB devices.
When you boot up from the CD, a text-based menu shall be displayed, and you can pick out the tool you wish to run. The chosen tool boots off a virtual floppy disk created in memory.
You need the Ultimate Boot CD if you wish to:
- Run floppy-based diagnostic tools from CDROM drives. More and more PCs are shipped without floppy drives lately, and it’s such a royal ache when you must run diagnostic tools on them.
- Free yourself from the sluggish loading speed of the floppy drive. Even if you happen to do have a floppy drive, it’s nonetheless a lot sooner to run your diagnostic tools from the CD-ROM drive, somewhat more than look ahead to the tool to load from the floppy drive.
- Consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD. Wouldn’t you prefer to keep away from digging into the dusty box to search for the best floppy disk, and simply run all of them from a single CD? Then the Ultimate Boot CD is for you!
- New! Run Ultimate Boot CD out of your USB memory stick. A script on the CD prepares your USB memory stick so that it may be used on newer machines that support booting from USB devices. You can access the same tools as you’d from the CD version.
New features in Ultimate Boot CD 5.0 include:
- New! The Linux-based distro Parted Magic is now included with UBCD 5.0. This must be the strategy of selection when you must resize/rescue partitions, access NTFS filesystems, or work with USB storage devices.
- New! UBCD 5.0 now supports each syslinux/isolinux and grub4dos. This helps enhance the possibilities that UBCD will boot on any specific machine.
Changes in Ultimate Boot CD 5.3.9:
- Downgraded SeaTools for DOS (GUI) to V2.22 at Kaur Kuut’s suggestion. The only feature launched in V2.23 was lengthy take a look at timeout failure, however, which stops giant-capacity HDDs from finishing the lengthy generic take a look. Seagate subsequently removed this feature in SeaTools for Windows V18.104.22.168 however by no means did it for SeaTools for DOS V2.23.
- Updated Parted Magic to 2013_08_10. Thanks to James LaBarre for the tip.
- Updated photorec, testdisk, and determined to v7.1 using the new module.
- Updated Q&D Unit Clone to V1.1r. Thanks to the creator for the update.
Size: 803 MB
Alternatively, you can use this magnet link:
without downloading the torrent file. If you’re using uTorrent, choose File, Add Torrent from URL… and enter the magnet link.