FileZilla Server is a free, open-source server for Microsoft Windows. It supports FTP and FTP over SSL/TLS which provides safe encrypted connections to the server.
A user connections manager in FileZilla Server allows the administrator to view presently linked users and their uploads/downloads. At current, there are two operations the proprietor of the server can do to these transfers: to “kill” the client session or to “ban” the user’s IP address. This manager shows the real-time status of every active file transfer.
FileZilla supports SSL, the same stage of encryption supported by your web browser, to protect your data. When using SSL your data is encrypted so that prying eyes can not see it, and your confidential information is protected.
The server additionally supports on-the-fly data compression, which may enhance the transfer rates. Support for SFTP shouldn’t be applied in Filezilla Server.
FileZilla Server Functionalities:
- Upload and download bandwidth limits
- Encryption with SSL/TLS (for FTPS)
- Message log (for debugging and real-time site visitors’ information)
- Limit access to inside LAN site visitors or external internet site visitors only
Changes in FileZilla Server 1.5.1 :
- Fixed a crash if a session is closed and the data connection receives a connection error at the same time
- MSW: The notification area icon now displays again in all display scale factors
- Admin UI: Fixed switching from “Use system credentials to log in” to “Require a password to log in” not applying
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
Size: 4.77 MB