WordPress 6 is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. It is a free and useful state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability.
The core software is built by hundreds of community volunteers. And for more, there are thousands of plugins and themes available to transform your site into almost anything you can imagine. Over 25 million people have chosen WordPress to power their place on the web.
The latest blogging technology is available to users (such as Trackback) and taking it a step further (such as with Pingback). You can rest assured that with WordPress you will be on the cutting edge of the technology available.
WordPress started as just a blogging system in 2003. However it has evolved to be used as a full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes.
It is an Open Source project, which means there are hundreds of people all over the world working on it. (More than most commercial platforms.)
- Simplicity. It makes it doable so that you can get online and get publishing, shortly. Nothing ought to get in the way of you getting your website up and your content material on the market. WordPress is constructed to make that occur.
- Flexibility. You can create any kind of website you need. A private weblog or website, a photoblog, an enterprise website, a knowledgeable portfolio, an authorities website, a magazine or information website, or a web-based neighborhood. Even a community of internet sites. You could make your website stunning with themes, and prolong it with plugins. You may even construct your very personal software.
- Publish with Ease. If you’ve ever created a doc, you’re already a whizz at creating content material with WordPress. You can create Posts and Pages, format them simply, insert media, and with the press of a button your content material stays on the net.
- Publishing Tools. WordPress makes it straightforward so that you can handle your content material. Create drafts, schedule publication, and have a look at your published revisions. Make your content material public or non-public, and save posts and pages with a password.
- User Management. Not everybody requires an identical entry to your website. Administrators handle the positioning, editors work with content material, authors and contributors write that content material, and subscribers have a profile that they’ll handle. This lets you have quite a lot of contributors to your website, and let others merely be a part of your neighborhood.
- Media Management. Quickly and simply add photographs and media to WordPress. Drag and drop your media into the uploader to add it to your website. Add alt textual content, captions, and titles, and insert photographs and galleries into your content material. Even there are a few pictures enhancing instruments you may have enjoyment with.
- Full Standards Compliance. Every piece of WordPress-generated code is in full compliance with the standards set by the W3C. This implies that your website will work in today’s browser while maintaining forward compatibility with the next technology of browsers. Your website is a wonderful thing, now and in the future.
- Easy Theme System. WordPress comes bundled with two default themes, but when they aren’t for you there’s a theme directory with thousands of themes so that you can create a wonderful website. Upload your theme with the click of a button. It only takes a few seconds so that you can give your website a whole makeover.
- Extend with Plugins. WordPress comes packed full of features for each user, for each other feature there’s a plugin directory with 1000’s plugins. Add advanced galleries, social networking, forums, social media widgets, spam protection, calendars, fine-tune controls for search engine optimization, and forms.
- Built-in Comments. Your blog is your home, and comments provide a space for your buddies and followers to interact with your content. WordPress’s comment tools offer you every little thing it is advisable to be a forum for discussion and to moderate that discussion.
- Search Engine Optimized. WordPress is optimized for search engines right out of the box. For more fine-grained search engine optimization control, there are many search engine optimization plugins to care for that for you.
- Multilingual. Available in more than 70 languages. You will be capable of building the website but would prefer to use WordPress in a language other than English, that’s simple to do.
- Easy Installation and Upgrades. If you’re completely satisfied using an FTP software program, you possibly can create a database, upload WordPress using FTP, and run the installer.
Size: 24.7 MB