UltraDefrag Free is an open-source disk defragmenter for Windows operating systems. It may be very quick as a result of the defragmenting being completed by a kernel-mode driver. UltraDefrag makes use of the same defragmenting API utilized by many different windows defrag utilities, each open and closed source.
UltraDefrag has many unique features. Firstly it has a kernel-mode driver that does a lot of the work. Secondly is the ability to run the application at a boot-up time in a way much like chkdsk. This allows for sooner defragmentation time and the ability to defragment all files together with system files. It also can defrag a single file or multiple directories, and generate a list of all fragmented files.
The program is available for each 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows running on each AMD and Intel-based processor. There are three interfaces available: Graphical, Console, and Native.
The UltraDefrag Micro Edition is a particular bundle for advanced users who prefers excessive stability and energy. This edition is slightly bit sooner, a lot more stable (its driver contains simply an important part). It has a console interface to speed up the defragmentation process. The boot-time defragmentation feature is available too. The Micro Edition saves reports in plain text format.
- automatic defragmentation
- quick and environment-friendly defragmentation algorithms
- protected environment stopping files corruption
- detailed file fragmentation reports
- defragmentation of individual files/folders
- configurable disk optimization
- defragmentation of locked system files
- defragmentation of NTFS metafiles (together with MFT) and streams
- exclusion of files by path, size, and number of fragments
- drive processing time restrict
- defragmentation of disks having the desired fragmentation level
- automatic hibernation or shutdown after the job completion
- a multilingual graphical interface (over 60 languages available)
- one click defragmentation through Windows Explorer’s context menu
- highly effective command-line interface
- simple to use portable edition
- full support of 64-bit editions of Windows
Changes in UltraDefrag Free 7.1.4:
- All the binaries had been signed by digital signatures
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
UltraDefrag Free can defragment each FAT and NTFS disk with simply a few restrictions:
- It can’t defragment FAT directories, as a result, their first clusters are immovable.
- It can’t defragment master file tables (MFT), as a result, its first 16 clusters are immovable.
Size: 2.11 MB
DOWNLOAD UltraDefrag Free 7.1.4 for 32-bit Windows on Intel and AMD processors
DOWNLOAD UltraDefrag Free 7.1.4 for 64-bit Windows on Intel and AMD processors
DOWNLOAD UltraDefrag Free 7.1.4 for Windows Itanium on Intel Itanium processors only
DOWNLOAD UltraDefrag Free 7.1.4 Portable for 32 bit
DOWNLOAD UltraDefrag Free 7.1.4 Portable for 64 bit
DOWNLOAD UltraDefrag Free 7.1.4 Portable for IA64 bit