UltraDefrag Free is an open-source disk defragmenter for Windows operating systems. It may be very quick as a result of the defragmenting being completed by a kernel-mode driver. UltraDefrag makes use of the same defragmenting API utilized by many different windows defrag utilities, each open and closed source.
UltraDefrag has many unique features. Firstly it has a kernel-mode driver that does a lot of the work. Secondly is the ability to run the application at a boot-up time in a way much like chkdsk. This allows for sooner defragmentation time and the ability to defragment all files together with system files. It also can defrag a single file or multiple directories, and generate a list of all fragmented files.
The program is available for each 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows running on each AMD and Intel-based processor. There are three interfaces available: Graphical, Console, and Native.
The UltraDefrag Micro Edition is a particular bundle for advanced users who prefers excessive stability and energy. This edition is slightly bit sooner, a lot more stable (its driver contains simply an important part). It has a console interface to speed up the defragmentation process. The boot-time defragmentation feature is available too. The Micro Edition saves reports in plain text format.
- automatic defragmentation
- quick and environment-friendly defragmentation algorithms
- protected environment stopping files corruption
- detailed file fragmentation reports
- defragmentation of individual files/folders
- configurable disk optimization
- defragmentation of locked system files
- defragmentation of NTFS metafiles (together with MFT) and streams
- exclusion of files by path, size, and number of fragments
- drive processing time restrict
- defragmentation of disks having the desired fragmentation level
- automatic hibernation or shutdown after the job completion
- a multilingual graphical interface (over 60 languages available)
- one click defragmentation through Windows Explorer’s context menu
- highly effective command-line interface
- simple to use portable edition
- full support of 64-bit editions of Windows
Changes in UltraDefrag Free 7.1.4:
- All the binaries had been signed by digital signatures
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
UltraDefrag Free can defragment each FAT and NTFS disk with simply a few restrictions:
- It can’t defragment FAT directories, as a result, their first clusters are immovable.
- It can’t defragment master file tables (MFT), as a result, its first 16 clusters are immovable.
Size: 2.11 MB