Process Lasso Pro is a process optimization and automation utility with a unique new technology that will improve your PC’s responsiveness and stability during periods of high CPU load. Priority optimization, affinity optimization, automated rules, you name it and Process Lasso has it. Process Lasso’s unique technology called ProBalance (Process Balance) that will improve your PC’s responsiveness and stability through process priority optimization.
Windows, by design, allows programs to monopolize your CPU without sufficient restraint – leading to hangs and micro-lags.
ProBalance intelligently adjusts the priorities of running programs on-demand so that badly behaved processes won’t negatively impact the responsiveness of your PC. It does this not by raising process priorities, but instead by temporarily lowering the priorities of background processes that may be interfering with foreground responsiveness.
This utility also offers an assortment of ways to take full control over how your CPUs are allocated to running programs.
In essence, Process Lasso is an all-in-one automated Windows process tuner. You can choose what priority processes should run, and which CPUs should be assigned to them. You can also disallow certain programs from running, log all programs run, automatically restart programs, limit the number of instances of a program, and much more.
You can even indicate processes that should induce entrance into the High-Performance power scheme or prevent the PC from sleeping. A gaming mode also allows for easy process priority optimization for avid gamers.
Process Lasso is the ultimate companion to servers of all types. For Terminal Servers, it can help ensure no user monopolizes the CPU. For all types of servers, its ProBalance algorithm can improve responsiveness, and the automated process control can allow you to tweak running processes in ways never before possible.
The isolated core engine (processgovernor.exe) can run without the GUI, making it entirely invisible to the user interface if desired. A password can be set to protect the configuration file. The core engine can be run any number of ways; an instance for every user, a single global instance, or run as a service.
Process Lasso Pro Features:
- ProBalance – Keep your PC responsive during high CPU loads!
- Gaming Mode 2.0 with Bitsum Highest Performance power plan – new
- IdleSaver – Run at maximum performance while active; conserve energy when idle
- SmartTrim – The first-ever intelligent RAM optimizer – new
- Real-time CPU affinity and process priority optimization!
- Automate and control process settings and power plans
- Light-weight native code with negligible resource use
- Efficient stand-alone core engine that can run as a service
- Unique system responsiveness metric to quantify your experience!
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and Windows 10
Changes in Process Lasso 188.8.131.52:
- Add Instance Balancer feature that assigns CPU cores to multiple instances of an application based on a specified algorithm
- Refactor Keep Awake timer functionality
- Refactor persistence of Keep Awake timer and manually induced Performance Mode when Process Lasso is restarted
- Add last metric (CPU use, responsiveness, memory load.) readings to graph legend
- Add a background to graph legend to enhance visibility
- Add custom color selection for graph legend background
- Change order of graph color scheme rotation on click (black, white, custom)
- Use performance counter for total CPU utilization instead of calculation
- Change CPU topology status bar format
- Maintenance to updater for the server edition
- GUI Rules column now also shows ProBalance exclusions matched by path
- Improvements to session (user) name resolution
- Fix a painting issue with actions log listview header
- Make listview painting smoother during frequent updates
- Remove a deprecated registry key in the server edition
- Persistent CPU affinities configuration dialog improvements
- Re-order status bar parts to put dynamic columns first
- Defaults: Turn on process icons in Server Edition, turn on process creation/termination logging in Workstation Edition
- Misc cosmetic work and enhancements
- Update Chinese (simplified and traditional), German, Finnish, Russian languages
Size: 4.69 MB