Process Lasso Pro is a process optimization and automation utility with a unique new technology that will improve your PC’s responsiveness and stability during periods of high CPU load. Priority optimization, affinity optimization, automated rules, you name it and Process Lasso has it. Process Lasso’s unique technology called ProBalance (Process Balance) that will improve your PC’s responsiveness and stability through process priority optimization.
Windows, by design, allows programs to monopolize your CPU without sufficient restraint – leading to hangs and micro-lags.
ProBalance intelligently adjusts the priorities of running programs on-demand so that badly behaved processes won’t negatively impact the responsiveness of your PC. It does this not by raising process priorities, but instead by temporarily lowering the priorities of background processes that may be interfering with foreground responsiveness.
This utility also offers an assortment of ways to take full control over how your CPUs are allocated to running programs.
In essence, Process Lasso is an all-in-one automated Windows process tuner. You can choose what priority processes should run, and which CPUs should be assigned to them. You can also disallow certain programs from running, log all programs run, automatically restart programs, limit the number of instances of a program, and much more.
You can even indicate processes that should induce entrance into the High-Performance power scheme or prevent the PC from sleeping. A gaming mode also allows for easy process priority optimization for avid gamers.
Process Lasso is the ultimate companion to servers of all types. For Terminal Servers, it can help ensure no user monopolizes the CPU. For all types of servers, its ProBalance algorithm can improve responsiveness, and the automated process control can allow you to tweak running processes in ways never before possible.
The isolated core engine (processgovernor.exe) can run without the GUI, making it entirely invisible to the user interface if desired. A password can be set to protect the configuration file. The core engine can be run any number of ways; an instance for every user, a single global instance, or run as a service.
Process Lasso Pro Features:
- ProBalance – Keep your PC responsive during high CPU loads!
- Gaming Mode 2.0 with Bitsum Highest Performance power plan – new
- IdleSaver – Run at maximum performance while active; conserve energy when idle
- SmartTrim – The first-ever intelligent RAM optimizer – new
- Real-time CPU affinity and process priority optimization!
- Automate and control process settings and power plans
- Light-weight native code with the negligible resource use
- Efficient stand-alone core engine that can run as a service
- Unique system responsiveness metric to quantify your experience!
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and Windows 10
Changes in Process Lasso 184.108.40.206:
- GUI: UX refactoring and tuning (details below)
- GUI: Change font of controls on the main window
- GUI: Change the order of rotation through color schemes when clicking on the graph
- GUI: Change the color of graph grid, now less prominent
- GUI: Reduce main window margins by half
- GUI: Reduce RAM load graph width
- GUI: Fix core graphs display issue when odd size logical CPU cores
- GUI: Enable core graphs display for single CPU core systems
- GUI: Improve the appearance of core graphs
- GUI: Sizer (divider) control appearance improvement
- GUI: Switch to shortened Uptime format
- GUI: Fix RAM load graph could get mispositioned after manual sizing
- GUI: Improve flicker of CPU utilization and RAM load graphs on sizer control
- GUI: Move Lasso versions to right-most status bar component
- GUI: Strip embedded tabs in the processor name string
- GUI: Change ‘RAM Load’ caption to ‘% RAM’
- GUI: Default panel size adjustments
- GUI: Change the methodology for panel size adjustments with the main window resize
- GUI: Improve graph legend ellipsis
- GUI: Rename ‘automatic updates’ to ‘update without prompt’
- GUI: Add registry option ‘nographgrid’ to hide graph grid
- GUI: Update German and Slovenian
- GUI: Other misc changes
- Core: Change module description in version block
Size: 4.79 MB