MediaCoder is a free universal batch media transcoder. It nicely integrates the most popular audio and video codecs also tools into an all-in-one solution. With a flexible and extendable architecture, new codecs and tools are added in constantly as well as support for new devices.
MediaCoder intends to be the swiss army knife for media transcoding at all times and this moment. It already has millions of users from 170+ countries all over the planet. MediaCoder is a front-end/GUI for a collection of audio/video command line utilities and dynamic libraries. Including audio, video codecs, and multiplexers.
MediaCoder maintains a unified parameter tree whose leaves (parameter values) can be altered through the application GUI, a web-based tree view, user interfaces for specific devices (e.g. PSP, iPhone), and conforming HTTP requests. It maps the parameter tree into command line options or calling parameters for various codecs and tools.
MediaCoder pipes the decoder’s output into the encoder’s input, rather than using temporary files. This allows it to convert large amounts of data without using excessive disk space. Some of the included utilities are also patched to add extra interfaces.
MediaCoder has a built-in media streaming server that can be used to stream audio and video files through HTTP protocol. It can apply on-the-fly transcoding for both audio and video streaming with some of its supported audio and video codecs.
MediaCoder Features In Brief:
- Convert to and from many audio and video compression formats and re-multiplex into varied container formats in batches
- With full management over transcoding parameters, you’ll be able to study audio/video encoding and play with varied codecs
- Strong decoding functionality for partial or corrupted contents
- Simplified UI for widespread mobile devices (e.g. PSP, iPhone/iPod)
- Fully standalone, with no dependence on system codecs/splitters
- Extension (scripting language) infrastructure to develop person interfaces and enhance person expertise
- Improving compression / lowering measurement for audio/video files
- Converting for audio/video playback devices (digital audio player, MP4 player, mobile phone, PDA, PSP, VCD/DVD player, and many others.)
- Extracting audio tracks from video files
- Ripping audio/video discs
- Repairing corrupted or partially downloaded video files
- Lossy Audio Compression Formats: MP3, Vorbis, LC-AAC, HE-AAC, Opus, AC-3, MPEG Audio, MusePack, Speex, AMR, Windows Media Audio, ADPCM, mp3PRO
- Lossless Audio Compression Formats: FLAC, WavPack, Monkey’s Audio, OptimFrog, ALAC, TTA, PCM
- Video Compression Formats: H.264, VP8, XviD, DivX, MPEG 1/2/4, Flash Video, VP8, Theora, Dirac, H.263, RealVideo, Windows Media Video, MJPEG
- Container Formats: MP4, WebM, F4V, FLV, Matroska, AVI, MPEG-PS, MPEG-TS, ASF, MTS/M2TS/AVCHD, Quicktime/MOV, PMP, RealMedia, OGM
- Storage Media and Streaming (Input): Bluray, DVD, VCD, SVCD, CD, CUESheet, HTTP, FTP, RTSP, UDP
Changes in MediaCoder 0.8.65 Build 6050:
- Built with Visual Studio 2022
- Updated x265 3.5 (AVX2)
- Updated x264 159.2991 (AVX2)
- Updated FFmpeg 5.1.2Updated FFmpeg
Size: 101 MB
Right-click the link and select “Save link as“…