Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware goals to help you keep your data protected by protecting you and your computer in opposition to ransomware.
It is a new vaccine tool that may protect in opposition to recognized and possible future versions of the CTB-Locker, Locky, and TeslaCrypt crypto ransomware households. No difficult configuration is required to have it up and running.
Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware monitors your PC in real-time and automatically blocks ransomware actions. It might be launched with Windows and set to run minimized within the system tray, safeguarding your computer without interfering together with your work.
Aside from real-time anti-ransomware protection, the Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware application program integrates an immunization method that stops executables from the ‘AppData’ and ‘Startup’ folders to launch.
Local files are encrypted using a randomly generated 2048-bit RSA key pair that’s related to the contaminated computer. While the public secret is copied on the contaminated computer, the personal key can only be obtained by paying for it within an allotted period. If the fee will not be delivered, the personal secrets threatened to be deleted, leaving no possible unencrypted methodology for recovering the locked files.
One of the most typical infection vectors depends on drive-by-attacks via contaminated adverts on respectable websites, but it surely has additionally been recognized to infect through contaminated downloaded applications.
Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware Features:
- Use an antivirus solution that’s continuously up to date and in a position to carry out active scanning
- Schedule file backups (both regionally on within the cloud), so data might be recovered in case of corruption
- Follow protected Internet practices by not visiting questionable websites, not clicking links or opening attachments in emails from unsure sources, and never offering personally identifiable information on public chats rooms or boards
- Implement/enable ad-blocking capacities and anti-spam filters
- Virtualize or fully disable Flash, because it has been repeatedly used as an infection vector
- Train workers in figuring out social engineering make an attempt and spear-phishing emails
- Enable application software restriction policies. System administrators have to implement group policy objects into the registry to block executables from particular areas. This can only be achieved when running a Windows Professional or Windows Server edition.
Size: 4.56 MB