FreeFileSync is Open-Source folder comparability and synchronization instrument. It is optimized for the very best effectiveness and usefulness without restricted or overloaded UI interfaces.
FreeFileSync helps you to synchronize files between two folders or drives. You can each mirror two folders to create a precise copy of the availability folder. Or perform a two-way synchronization that may copy new or up-to-date files in every instruction.
FreeFileSync has Unicode help and Network help. Synchronization database for the propagation of deleted files and battle detection. It moreover helps a variety of folder pairs with distinct configurations.
Full help for Windows Symbolic Links and Windows Junction Points moreover is obtainable. Furthermore, this method helps an Update mode which is ready to solely copy files that is likely to be new or have been modified.
FreeFileSync Key Features:
- Detection of moved and renamed files
- Copy locked files using Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service. (Windows solely)
- Support for a variety of folder pairs with distinct configuration
- Compare files (bytewise or by date) and synchronize them.
- Create Batch Jobs for automated synchronization with or without GUI.
- Optimized effectivity, coded in C++.
- Native 32 and 64-bit builds
- Transactional file copy
- Synchronization database for the propagation of deleted files and battle detection
- Full help for Windows/Linux Symbolic Links and Windows Junction Points.
- Full Unicode help.
- Full neighborhood help.
- Built-in help for very prolonged filenames (better than MAX_PATH = 260 characters).
- Copy NTFS alternate information streams, compressed and encrypted file attributes
- Lean & merely accessible UI: solely useful efficiency, no function bloat.
- Support for filesizes greater than 4 GB.
- Option to maneuver files to Recycle Bin as an alternative to deleting/overwriting them.
- Ignore directories “RECYCLER” and “System Volume Information” with the default filter. (Windows solely)
- Delete sooner than copy: Avoid disc area shortages for big sync jobs.
- Filter efficiency to include/exclude files from synchronization.
- Automatically cope with daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32 volumes.
- Portable mannequin accessible (selectable by the installer).
- Opt-in for computerized online updates.
- Localized variations could be present in loads of languages.
- Create recurring backups with macros %time%, %date% inside itemizing names
- Copy file creates/modification situations when synchronizing.
- Advanced locking approach to allow a variety of synchronization processes (e.g. a variety of writers, comparable neighborhood share).
- Case-sensitive synchronization of file, itemizing, and symlink names
Changes in FreeFileSync 11.23 :
- Format local file times with no limits on the time
- Deferred child item failure when traversing the MTP folder
- Fixed occasional wrong thumbnail orientation for MTP
- Support additional image formats for MTP preview (e.g. CR2)
- Fixed folder pair window being squashed after text size increase
- Fixed wrong folder pair order when loading config (Linux)
- Fixed some images being stretched on high-DPI monitors
- Fixed config panel tab text being mirrored in RTL layout
- Fixed parsing file times one second before Unix epoch (Gdrive, FTP)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Apple macOS: macOS 12, macOS 11, macOS 10.15, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.12, OS X 10.11, OS X 10.10
- Linux: Arch Linux, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Manjaro, Mint, openSUSE, Ubuntu
Size: 18.7 MB