WinToUSB (Windows To USB) is a software program that means that you can install and run the Windows operating system on a USB hard drive or USB flash drive, using an ISO image or CD/DVD drive because of the source of installation.
WinToUSB additionally supports making a bootable WinPE USB drive, it could help you to transfer the contents of WinPE to the USB drive and make the drive bootable.
Additionally, WinToUSB may be booted on multiple computer systems. On the primary connection, it automatically detects the system hardware, then downloads and installs the required drivers.
So the subsequent time it’s related to the identical PC, it’s going to immediately determine the right tools. Because not all software program supports working on such an operating system, they should be examined initially, stopping you from encountering difficulties afterward, while you may rely on that certain utility.
WinToUSB key features include:
- An easy-to-use wizard interface that gives step-by-step instructions for installing Windows/WinPE on a USB drive.
- Install Windows/WinPE from an ISO image or CD/DVD drive.
- Support for Windows NT 6.x OS family (Vista/7/8/8.1/2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2) and WinPE 2/3/4/5.
- Use any edition of Windows 8 (8.1) to create Windows To Go USB drive.
- Support for MBR and GPT disk layouts.
- Don’t have to install WAIK (Windows Automated Installation Kit) or WADK (Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit).
- Windows Vista/7/2008/2008 R2 doesn’t have built-in USB 3.0 support, so Windows Vista/7/2008/2008 R2 must be booted from a USB 2.0 port.
- USB flash drives are very sluggish. It takes a very long time to install and run Windows from a USB flash drive, extremely recommends using a USB hard disk.
- Windows To Go drives may be booted on totally different computer systems, so you possibly can carry them any place and use them on any computer.
- Windows 7 just isn’t fully moveable. You might have activation and driver issues when booting on totally different computer systems.
- You should be an administrator on the computer you might be installing the WinToUSB on.
Changes in WinToUSB 7.4 :
- Fixed bug: The program gets stuck while installing additional drivers
- Fixed bug: Failed to create Windows To Go with a domain user
- Updated Czech translation
- Fixed some bugs to improve product quality
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 23.2 MB