WinToUSB is a free software that allows you to install and run the Windows operating system on a USB hard drive or USB flash drive, using an ISO image or CD/DVD drive as the source of installation.
WinToUSB also supports creating a bootable WinPE USB drive, it can help you to transfer the contents of WinPE to the USB drive and make the drive bootable.
Additionally, WinToUSB can be booted on multiple computers. On the first connection, it automatically detects the system hardware and then downloads and installs the required drivers. So the next time it is connected to the same PC, it will instantly identify the proper tools.
Because not all software supports running on such an operating system, they should be tested initially. That prevents you from encountering difficulties later on when you might depend on that certain utility.
WinToUSB’s key features include:
Windows To Go (Portable Windows) Creator:
WinToUSB allows you to install & run fully functional Windows on an external HDD/SSD, USB flash drive, or Thunderbolt drive, which means you can carry the portable Windows drive anywhere and use it on any computer.
- Use any version of Windows 11/10/8/7 and Windows Server to create Windows To Go Workspace
- Creation of Windows To Go from an ISO, WIM, ESD, SWM, VHD(X) image file or CD/DVD drive
- Clone existing Windows installation to a USB drive or Thunderbolt drive as a portable Windows
- Creation of Windows To Go on Non-Certified Windows To Go drive
- Hot clone Windows without restarting the source computer to be cloned
- Create BitLocker encrypted Windows To Go Workspace
- Support for creating VHD/VHDX-based Windows To Go Workspace
Windows Installation USB Creator
WinToUSB releases a feature called “Windows Installation USB Creator” which allows you to create a Windows installation USB flash drive from a Windows 11/10/8/7/vista/2019/2016/2012/2008 installation ISO file with a few simple steps, with this feature you can create a bootable Windows installation USB drive to install Windows on both Traditional BIOS and UEFI computers by using the same USB drive.
Windows PE Bootable USB Creator
WinToUSB also supports creating a bootable Windows PE USB drive. It can help you transfer the contents of a Windows PE image to a USB drive and make the USB drive bootable.
- Windows 7 is not completely portable. You may have driver problems when booting on different computers. So highly recommend using Windows 11/10/8.1/8 to create Windows To Go.
- Windows 7 does not have built-in USB 3.0 support, so Windows 7 will have to be booted from a USB 2.0 port.
- The common USB flash drives are very slow. It takes a long time to install and run Windows from a common USB flash drive. Highly recommend using an external hard drive, Windows To Go Certified Drives, Corsair Flash Voyager GTX USB 3.1 Premium Flash Drive, SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive, or SanDisk Extreme PRO USB 3.1 Solid State Flash Drive to create Windows To Go.
- Windows To Go drives can be booted on different computers. So you can carry it anywhere and use it on any computer.
Changes in WinToUSB 8.4 :
- Improved algorithm to enhance cloning efficiency
- Updated Italian and Korean translation
- Fixed some bugs to improve product quality
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 23.6 MB